Acne/Pimple is a chronic, inflammatory skin condition that causes spots and pimples, especially on the face, shoulders, back, neck, chest, and upper arms.
It commonly occurs during puberty, when the sebaceous glands activate, but it can happen at any age. It is not dangerous, but it can leave skin scars.
The glands produce oil and are stimulated by male hormones produced by the adrenal glands in both males and females.
Types Of Acne
There exists a range of different types of acne, ranging from mild to severe forms, with different causes. They include:
This is the most common type of acne and generally adolescents to young adult have this condition. Vulgaris is typically whiteheads and blackheads.
The second most common is seen among adults and is a chronic disease that happens to the facial skin of the cheeks, chin, forehead, nose and which may include solid raised lesions, pimples, blood transport and redness.
This is a condition of skin disorders caused by physical pressures that could be due to tight clothing, skin burns or excessive rubbing. Constant heat and sweat can cause this. This can be prevented by wearing a free clean moisture absorbent cloth. For athletes, wash skin after each game to reduce the risk.
This is a terrible and severe type of acne that is so dangerous because joint pains and fever accompany it. High testosterone levels cause this in people who have legally or illegally taken muscle enhancement drugs.
This type of acne is suffered by people who frequently wash their faces. It can result in acne mechanica.
This kind of acne is noticed mostly in African Americans who use pomade to eliminate the curls in their natural hair. The pomade, however, gets to their hands and face from the hair and causes acne.
Elimination of Acne/Pimple
The best-proven way to eliminate acne is to wash your hands and face regularly with a gentle cleanser. Also, you have to try as much as possible to desist from the act of touching the parts of your skin that are prone to acne; drinking enough water of about eight cups a day will be very helpful.
• Use of tea tree oil: It fights the inflammation of bacteria. Using it for the skin is proven to reduce acne/pimple.
• Use of essential oils like cinnamon, rose, lavender, clove and rosemary to prevent acne attack. The use of these substances for skin reduces acne/pimples.
• Green tea is concentrated in antioxidants that will help reduce the risk of developing acne. The use of it on the skin shows a reduction in the number of pimples.
• Apply aloe vera to the skin to helps prevent burns, heal wounds and stop inflammation. The number of antibiotics has been proven to be high for some treatments, but more research is needed on their effects when used singularly.
How Acne Occurs
Acne occurs when the sebaceous begin to develop during puberty when these behaviours include male hormones found in men and women.
The fat, which is under the skin, continues to produce oil from the openings of the surface. The oil lubricates and protects the skin. In some cases, cells near the opening of the sebaceous glands block the openings resulting in the buildup of oil under the skin.
Bacteria that live in the skin are specific in their actions. However, when they feed on the oil, multiply, and cause the surrounding tissues to become inflamed if the follicle ruptures.
If the inflammation is right beneath the skin, it is called a pustule, but if it is deeper, then it is called a papule (a pimple). Much deeper acne is referred to as a cyst. If the pore of an affected hair follicle is close to the surface of the skin, it results in a ” whitehead.” But if the pore is wide open, oil is being acted upon, by oxygen in the air causing the oil to change to black and is therefore called a “blackhead.”
Food Drugs For Acne/Pimple Prevention
Green tea has many health benefits which include lowering the blood levels, reducing cholesterol level, improving memory and even preventing cancer. With regards to skin care, green tea can help fight acne when consumed orally, but its application directly to the skin is most effective.
Many fish like the salmon fish and sardines are good sources for 3 omega fatty acids, which are of great skin benefits as it reduces inflammation. Some fishes also contain carotenoid antioxidants which improve the quality of the skin. Omega 3 can be found in fruits and nuts.
Fruits and Vegetables
Vegetables and fruits are undoubted of great health benefits. They provide valuable minerals, vitamins (such as vitamins A) and antioxidants. Antioxidants reduce the rate of inflammation and can reduce the formation of acne/pimple.
• Apply ice in the face of painful acne for fast relief and reduce swelling.
• Eat well balanced foods and avoid any acne inducing food
• Find products labelled non-comedogenic, which means they will not clog pores and worsen breakouts
• Use a sunscreen daily (even after the acne are gone!) Because the strong ingredients used in acne medication can increase sensitivity.
• Using toothpaste on your pimples. It has a very excessive drying effect and might bleach your skin
• Avoid opening acne/pimple. This can lead to acne mechanica, a spread of infection and excess breakout.
• Do not go for miracle care because it can clog your face
• Touching acne prone places might transfer bacteria from your hand to the place and cause an excess clog, so resist from touching your face.
I am Shweta Singh, Director and CEO at Kirola Sports Private Limited. I am a sports and fitness enthusiast and have played three sports at National level including Basketball, High jump ,Taekwondo .I also started training in Mixed Martial Arts last year . I always knew that health ,fitness and motivation are pillar of success for every individual. Mykhelbook team will help you to stay fit and healthy through our blogs . We also aim to motivate you all through motivational stories of lesser known people ,about their struggles and achievements through our blogs .